[Elfsea] Elfsea Mini-college

pcrandal at sbcglobal.net pcrandal at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 31 19:01:11 PST 2005

Many official SCA functions are submitted through
Kingdom channels, and published in the Kingdom
newsletter.
Local official functions are sponsored by the
branch as a whole, and represents the SCA (and
branch) as a group.
The awesome party last weekend was that, just a
party. Which most of you missed. (unpaid public
announcement)
An A&S activity, published in the local
newsletter, still does not necessarily, represent
officially the SCA. Unless it is being used as a
demo or other similar type activity.
SCA "officialdom" carries with it liability
coverage and SCA rule and regs must be upheld if
applicable.

Crandall, Olde Foole

--- alexandra taylor <sandraktaylor at hotmail.com>
wrote:

---------------------------------

Just curious- Could someone please clarify the
difference?

There seems to be a distinction between what is
an "official" Elfsea occasion and what isn't.
Sometimes this is subtle, but it seems that
someone always mentions it. I'm unclear why we do
this.

For example, I hear that we don't have any
official Wednesday night fighter practice, but
folks are always there. There have been
"un-official" guild meetings that the addresses
were not posted on the calendar- but the guild is
recognized as official. There was a lovely party,
open to all, with directions and invitation
posted on the list. Unofficial?

It seems like the "mini-college" certanily is a
nice activitiy, which has been in the planning
for several months as the A&S night. Why is it
not "official?" I think it is being held by the
A&S Minister, to teach A&S things for the A&S of
the Elfsea SCA. Shouldn't that make it be
"official?"

What is the purpose of the distinction of the
"official" and "Un-official"
events/activities/occasions?

Thanks, Alex

"In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should
afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably,
contentedly, even happily wrong."
-John Kenneth Galbraith