[Elfsea] Order of the Rose shoot - what will be encountered.

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 18:33:23 PDT 2005

Have been getting a ton of questions on the Order of the Rose shoot coming up in afew weeks. Figured i would send an email to elfsea and steppes about it. Feel free to pass it onto other lists as deemed fit.

prepare for speed, accuracy, and range shooting. Basic - fun shooting...
Crossbows WILL be allowed, and ALL archers (yes that includes Xbows) can shoot in any position that is both safe and comfortable.

Deadly bi (if needed) will be shot by me OR someone i pick. I reserve choice of using my horsebow, selfbow or xbow, i will change it based on what i know of the archer i shoot against - I am attempting to make the shooting as fair as possible based on past scores and experiance.

Ranges will be point blank to 60+yards OR as the field permits. There will be NO clout shoot.

In regards to pairing people up:

This will be on skill base NOT weapon type. I have seen bows beat xbow and vise verse - i will not play the arguement of a Xbow is this or that. I am pretty proud to be in an area where we have some "scary" bow shooters able to hold thier own against the "evil" xbow. This is for honor, lets not have arguements. :)

Lord Ulrich Von Carolingia
Xbow champion for House FalconRose
Pround Member of FalconRose
Exiting Champion - Archery Champion For the Order of the Rose.