[Elfsea] Upcoming Needlework Classes

Christine/Maria casadevaca at charter.net
Mon Oct 10 08:55:26 PDT 2005

Hola!

Calling all Needleworkers, on October the 19th the Elfsea Needleworker's
Guild and Canton of Lindenwood will be hosting  a class on Long-Armed
Crosstitch will be available.  The class will be taught by a recent SCA
transplant to our area, Lady Prudence the Curious.  Lady Prudence was a
founding member of Athena's Thimble and brings to our fair Kingdom the
knowledge of the needle arts.

Long-armed crosstitch was used from the Vikings to the Italian Renaissance.
It is a sturdy, longlasting form popular for free embroidery and counted
work.  If you are familiar with crosstitch or embroidery of any kind, you
should be able to pick up this skill quickly.  Prudence is making 5 kits to
teach the class, so please reserve in advance.  She can make extra kits, but
only with advanced warning.  There is no cost for the class.

And everyone, don't forget to bring the project you are presently working on
to share.

UPCOMING SCHEDULE FOR THE NEEDLEWORKER'S GUILD
Oct 19 - 7:00pm - Class on Long-Armed Crosstitch taught by Lady Prudence the
Curious.  Meeting to be held at Lady Maria's Abode.
Nov 6 - Discussion about creating a Kingdom-wide embroidery guild.  Held
Sunday morning between 10 am and noon at the Tournament of the Order of the
Rose
Nov 16 - Class on Drawn Thread Work taught by Lady Prudence the Curious.
Meeting place to be announced.
Dec  - Project:  Make a pair of drawn thread napkins, to either give to the
Crown for their largess, or keep them for your own use.  Meeting place, date
and time to be announced.

I encourage anyone who has an interest in the needle arts to come; spend an
evening with our Kingdom's newcomer and learn a new stitch!

Your's In Service,

Lady Maria Cabeca de Vaca
Acting Minister of Arts and Sciences for the Canton of Lindenwood
Guild Mistress To Elfsea's Needleworker's Guild