[Elfsea] Party, Party

Rhonda and Stephen Hays housedragonstar at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 25 18:46:57 PDT 2005

We have gotten some questions about this weekend, so here is more info.

Think of this party as a "mini-event."  You can camp here if you like (we have six acres, though a good half of it is forest).  This party is basically what happens at an event, without court and a tourney, though you can bring armor and fight if you want, provided someone else is of a like mind.

Basically, you will need to bring the following:

what you want to drink, in a cooler with ice
chairs
something to eat off of (as in a table or your lap)
something to eat and drink from (as in that feast gear that you never get to use)
something to create light (you know, those cool lanterns that you bought for events, but never use because you rarely camp anymore) and tiki torches just don't get it and you don't like sitting that close to the fire
something to add to the pot luck dinner
something to crash for the night in if you don't want to drive home
your drum
your dancin' clothes
your best All Hallows story

This party will take place outdoors, in an enclosed wooded area where most of the modern world is hidden.  We do sometimes get some traffic noise, but if there are drums, we don't notice as much.  The party area is down a hill, which isn't too steep, but is a decent grade.  This is a great time to bring out some of the cool medieval stuff that we have, but never seem to get to use much anymore.

We will cook, eat and clean up "down the hill".  We will set up a washing station for feast gear and cookpots.

Children are welcome, just keep them out of the fire.

The firepit is all ready to go.  We have an area for the fire with a smaller area to the side for cooking.  It is about 4-5 feet across at its smallest.

We are making a smoked brisket for the evening.

You can arrive anytime after noon.  Fire will get built by the first person who has a mind to do it.

If you have any questions, please email us at housedragonstar at earthlink.net.

Dáire and Medb