[Elfsea] Defender Doom and Gloom

Valentyn Drake DonValentyn at JeffTurnerFiction.com
Wed Sep 21 08:24:34 PDT 2005

Hey folks,

Defender is this weekend, okay?

I appreciate people being concerned for their safety and the safety of
others.  The notifications of weather expectations have been helpful, as are
the links to the weather-tracking websites.

That said, the event is happening this weekend.  If it rains, we'll deal
with it.  We've dealt with it 1000 times in the past.

Relocating and/or re-scheduling the event are not options.  If conditions
worsen to the point that safety dictates shutting down, I'm sure the
autocrats and the Baron and Baroness will take the appropriate action.

What we DON'T need at this point are more predictions of the wrath of God,
your thanks to various deities that you're not attending the event, or any
other commentary to convince people to stay home.  Fact is, we're hosting
our Baronial event this weekend, and the attendees are big boys and girls
who can take the weather data into consideration and make their own choices.
Make whatever personal plans you will, but let's not give the rest of the
kingdom the impression that our own populace is backing out.

Thanks,

Valentyn