[Elfsea] Middle Eastern Dance Contest THIS SATURDAY!!!!

Donita Len Schubert SCHUBERT_DONITA_LEN at Lilly.com
Sun Sep 18 10:00:11 PDT 2005

Unto the Great Populace of Ansteorra does Lady Toryn Seven-Stitches send
greetings,

By my crude calendar skills, I calculate that there remains but a handful
of days and nights to pass until the Middle Eastern Dance Championship
will be held at the great Barony of Elfsea's annual Defender tournament.
Thank you to all who have volunteered to help, judge, set up, preform,
make music, feed, illuminate, given largess, and make this contest happen.
 This certainly is a labor of love and looks like it is shaping up to be a
really fun night full of great dancing and music.  To all of you that have
volunteered largess, thank you!!!  All is needed and I will be onsite at
Camp Arkham Friday and at the stage area on Saturday accepting your
kindness.

I have received a few questions about the contest, I hope to answer a few
here:

Example question #1:  "What kind of documentation do I need to provide?"
If you can provide documentation on what you are wearing, music, steps,
props, jewelry, that will help the judges understand your performance and
appreciate the work that has gone into it, please provide it.
Documentation is a category on the judging form.

Example question #2:  "Do I need to submit a letter of intent if I want to
compete?"  No.  I am making an attempt to estimate the number of
competitors for prizes and refreshments, this was the only reason for the
request of a 'heads-up'.

Example question #3:  "How many copies of my documentation do I need to
bring?"  At least 3.  A few extra would be really nice if you can swing
it.

Example question #4:  "What if it rains?"  The weather report looks good
at this point, but if we have rain, the stage area will be moved to the
large covered area (where the tourney was held at AAA).  This offers us
flat, covered area and will work just fine.  If all goes well, we will be
set up just south of the list field on the grass.

Example question #5:  "What if I haven't made up my mind?  What if I just
show up, can I compete?"  Without a doubt, all are welcome.  My only
request is that you make yourself know to me by the 4:30 pm meeting at the
stage area.  That is when we will be making the dance performance order.

Example question #6:  "When is the contest?" Saturday night, after court
south of the list field on the stage.

Example question #7:  "I am a musician where do I need to be and when?"
Beginning Friday afternoon, there will be an area for you to set up your
instruments.  Please bring your own chairs.  Refreshments are being
provided for you and thank you!!!

Example question #8:  "I don't want to compete, but I want to dance, can
I?"  Yes!!!  please be at the 4:30 meeting and let me know.  The judges
will give you comment forms, if you like and you will gain valuable
experience.  After the contest, all are welcome to dance at the hafla and
celebrate MED!!!

The winner of this year's contest will be SHOWERED with largess, the like
I have never seen before.  The passdown items are astonishing and the
generosity of my sisters in dance is just overwhelming.  An original
scroll has been created for you.   Jewelry, fabric, costume items, books,
pretties, and much more have been gathered from the corners of the kingdom
for you.  I look forward to seeing you all this Saturday!!!

With all my love,
Toryn