[Elfsea] Storm Options

Wilkerson, Glen D glen.d.wilkerson at lmco.com
Wed Sep 21 06:05:39 PDT 2005

I won't be at Defender this weekend as I will be at a convention in
Dallas, but I have a couple of tidbits for those of you still trekking
out to Canton.

First, the National Weather Service this morning on WBAP announced the
possibility that Hurricane Rita could survive as a minimal Category One
hurricane as far north as the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex.  I stress
that the report said it was only a "possibility" - not a "likelihood."

Second, as a back up plan for those planning to camp at Defender,
discount coupons are available for the Luxury Suites and the Best
Western in Canton.  Go to www.roomsaver.com and you can print the
coupons on line.  That way, if you do have to abandon camp, you can
retreat to a motel room for a reduced rate.  Those who have computers
can print off extra coupons for those who don't.

Everyone travel safe, have fun -  and stay dry!

Don Alaric