[Elfsea] Re: Katrina Relief

Stacy E. Dickey stacy.dickey at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 3 13:16:19 PDT 2005

Thank you so much Your Excellency. Your assistance, support, and supply donation are much appreciated.

Friends, I don't know how to say this delicately, without sounding harsh or criticizing. Believe me, I'm trying. But straight to the point of this message, I'm fairly disappointed in the lack of response I've received from a barony so reputed for it's giving, helpful nature.

Perhaps Rixend's or Genna's efforts have produced more results from Elfsea. But as of today, only 2 people from Elfsea have contacted me directly with an offer of supply donations.... being our good Baron and the ever-giving Mistress Xene. The only donations delivered to me were from non SCA'ers.... being my children, grandmother, aunt, and a close neighborhood friend (whom is currently campaigning for more goods from her church group). They all know these items are to initially be delivered to SCA evacuees who've taken refuge in Louisiana & Mississippi... and still gave to our cause without hesitation.

Friends, PLEASE help. I'm sure many of you have donated to one cause or another already. But on my part of this supply collection, less than 1% response from such a large barony is shocking... and I know we all have things we don't use or wear that could be put to a better cause. This is an effort that has been coordinated by several kingdoms, and in Elfsea we are the largest collection point for Ansteorra. I'm going to personally travel with the items into Louisiana & Mississippi to the end-points to ensure their safe delivery... hopefully providing additional protection for Sarah, who'll be driving most of the trip. This is not a scam, but a perfectly legitimate crusade to help our friends in need. You're most welcome to keep tabs on the progress through this site.: http://www.clanmarshinfayne.org/rollcall/index.php

I'll attempt to collect goods at the Wed night fighter practice in Bedford this week, permitting Disaster Relief training doesn't overlap. I'll post an update to that information ASAP. Meanwhile, you can contact me via any of the means below to establish a delivery time of your goods. Also listed below is an updated list of items we wish to collect. Please be advised Rix and I leave the afternoon of Sept 8th. That's this coming Thursday. Very few items or truck loads, we will head out as promised and scheduled. I thank you in advance for your contributions.

Regards,

Madame Colete d'Evreux
AKA Stacy E. Dickey

========================

stacy.dickey at sbcglobal.net
940-399-9797   Cell

3350 Western Center Blvd. #371
Fort Worth, TX  76137

========================

BOTTLED WATER
empty gas cans
tarps
prepaid gas cards
Walmart/Home Depot gift cards.
Tarps/rope/duct tape
Clorox
batteries/flashlights
sleeping bags/air mattresses/foam pads
sheets, light-weight blankets, and pillows
elastic waist shorts and sweats (for more give in size range)
canned goods  (boxed goods don't handle water well)
garbage bags
rucksacks / laundry bags / duffle bags / backpacks
warm weather clothes of all sizes
shoes
diapers & wipes
small plush toys to comfort the children
baby formula & bottles
MRE's or easy open non-perishable foods (P-38's help with cans)
mosquito repellants
towels
toiletries (soaps, shampoos, deodorant, dental care, feminine products)
cots / air beds
first aid kits
bandanas (good for first aid, cooling down, or covering hair)
socks
foot sprays / powders
sunblock
hats