[Elfsea] Re: Katrina Relief

Gerita/Carolle Cox hpockets at verizon.net
Sun Sep 4 07:52:17 PDT 2005

I don't live in Elfsea, so it's ok if you just hit 'delete'.  Many of my
friends are there, however, and some of them have weighed in on this
issue.  As someone who loves those of Elfsea, I say

Don't do this to yourselves.

Not everyone can come up with donations of any kind on short notice.
Not everyone has extra stuff in their closets (btw, Dallas has a severe
shortage of "plus-size" clothing).  If every person does what he or she
can, however large or small that is, then the need will be met.  We're
in for months and months of rebuilding/relocating and clean-up.  We'll
have most of these poor tormented evacuees with us the entire time.
There's plenty of time to pitch in. Those that can right now, I bless
every donation of time, money, and stuff and the givers - and I know the
blessings will come back from the shelters, too.  Those that stand ready
for the rebuilding effort, my heart is with you.

Just stand together, folks, as Elfsea is known for throughout the
kingdom.  Guilt-trips, fussing, and argu - ahem, debating, will only sap
your enthusiasm. Just Be Elfsea.  That's enough.

warmly,
Gerita

DFWchinlovers at yahoogroups.com
www.japanesechinrescue.org <http://www.japanesechinrescue.org/>
http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com
<http://carollesknitting.blogspot.com/>

People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the
sun is out, but when darkness sets in, their beauty is revealed only if
there is a light from within. -- Elizabeth Kübler-Ross