[Elfsea] Hurricane scammers get more tricky by the minute. Beware of so-called church people on-line

pcrandal at sbcglobal.net pcrandal at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 11 11:10:49 PDT 2005

Teh elgitimate site is
http://www.er-d.org/newsroom_64626_ENG_HTM.htm

Robin Mitchell-Mabry <smabry at flash.net> wrote:

I just got the following from an official Episcopal web-group:

<snip>

asked Benjamin Musoke-Lubega+, former Officer for Africa for TEC and

now Grants Officer for Trinity Wallstreet, to check the authenticity

of an appeal when someone else asked me about it last week.  Ben

checked with the bishop whom the correspondent claims to be, and the

real +Jackson Matovu said he had not sent the letter.

Today someone else asked me about the authenticity of a similar

letter, and a couple of minutes later the scammer sent the appeal to

me as well, mine with incredible claims to support gay people.

I replied that unless I receive confirmation of the person's identity,

I will turn over the correspondence to the FBI and through them to

Interpol.  Please save any appeal sent directly to you from this

person, so that the FBI might have it as evidence.

Apparently the scammer is gleaning names and email addresses from many

Episcopal sites.

<snip>

Be very, very careful. If in doubt, give it to the FBI; they already have people checking these things out.

YIS

H.Ly.Robin de Shealladh

Robin Mitchell-Mabry

Sometimes God calms the storm

and sometimes he allows the storm to rage and calms his child.

"In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should
afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably,
contentedly, even happily wrong."
-John Kenneth Galbraith