[Elfsea] A thank you

Spence Mabry SMABRY at flash.net
Thu Sep 22 11:22:29 PDT 2005

While we all like having fun at events and on the
list (especially when we kid each other), it makes us
aware of the events around us when our leadership is
called on to make possibly unpopular but tough and,
in the final analysis, correct ones.  I applaud their
steadfastness to the concerns for friends and family,
yet reminding us (in the only why our great
vertically-challenged Baron can) the we can fun while
being serious.

I, for one, am relieved that the decision was made
the way it was, becuase that freed me from having to
make a very serious one on my own.  But, at the same
time, I am saddened that we won't be skipping the
light fantastic amongst the fields and vales of
Canton.

SIGH!

Ceatta
(as I sit at work watching the interstates leading
from Houston looking like something from INDEPENDENCE
DAY!)