[Elfsea] Re: [Steppes] Brewers

Ironwyrm ironwyrm at housearkham.com
Wed Apr 12 22:58:06 PDT 2006

Greetings,

  Actually many of us already belong to the SLAB (Steppes
  Loose Association of Brewers).  We aren't a very vocal
  group and most members have been rather busy with
  real life or other offices as of late but we do get together
  on occasion to do some in mass brewing.  We elected
  not to form a guild because all of us already have too
  much paperwork to do and it really cuts into our drinking
  time!

  Meetings are anything but regular and mostly done
  when everyone can coordinate some free time together
  (easier said then done).  However we do manage to
  make a few gallons every now and then.  Also we're in
  contact with a large number of the other in and out of
  kingdom brewers so we always manage to get plenty
  of critiques.

  When we talked last at Gulf War we decided the next
  mass brew would be to start mead for next years event
  and replace Jon's five year old batch we drank this year.
  We'll likely start a couple of batches of ale as well while
  we're at it.  I can add your email address to the group
  should you wish?  Come to think of it I belive Jon (our
  Steppes seneschal) is still head of the SLAB?  Well,
  we don't call ourselves a "loose association" for nothing!

  Regards,

  Ironwyrm

Faelan Caimbeul <faelancaimbeul at gmail.com> wrote:
  I know there are a few brewers in the area, myself included. I, however, and
just starting and basically experimenting, but don't really have anyone to
bounce ideas off of. Would anyone be interested in starting a guild, with
regular monthly meetings? I figure more often than that might not be of much
use, considering it takes at least a month to ferment anything. It would
help all of us to improve our craft by having people that can taste and
critique our works.

Any takers?

Faelan