[Elfsea] Highland Games

dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Sun Jun 4 21:40:48 PDT 2006

Greetings Elfsea,

Before I collapse, I wanted to send out my personal "Thank You" to everyone
who helped with this year's Highland Games demo. I must admit I missed my
lovely ladywife's presence, who was attending the investiture at Northkeep
this weekend. Consequently I relied even more heavily on many generous souls
for their assistance. The games themselves seemed to have fewer patrons this
year, however, it did not prevent us from running out of contact
information. However, we continued by giving out hand written contact
information. :-)  Our volunteers were busy at every turn, speaking with
numerous interested visitors. Let us all endeavor to follow up with the
contacts we secured and welcome those that choose to contact us again.

I have such respect for the fighters who suffered the heat and endurance
challenges of these last two days. The small number of fighters we fielded
were compelled to fight longer and more frequently as a result, but they
rose to the occasion most admirably. Thank you indeed.

At closing court, it was Lord Richard De Laufson who received the Mace for
exceptional prowess, but especially for the show of courtesy and honor
presented for the populace. (It didn't hurt that he dispatched me a few
times either.)

Of our Rapier fighters, some truly outstanding bouts were witnessed and the
three-way at the end of the day was quite entertaining. In the end, it was
Lord Ceatta who was recognized for his prowess, composure and demeanor on
the field and received the prized Buckler.

Vivat one and all!

And while *all* the fighters fought most valiantly to attract patrons, we
leaned heavily on our artisans to grasp their attention as well. And our
artisans and other volunteers seemed to always be engaged with interested
bystanders. Thank you all most sincerely.

I think the gaming pavilion was a big success as well, attracting many that
might have otherwise "escaped". :-) For those who have no compulsion to
fight and may not have discovered their A & S interest, the game play offers
a low-stress, friendly alternative.

In my exhausted state of mind, I would no doubt leave someone out if I tried
to mention everyone by name, but know that you are all very dear to me and I
sincerely appreciate your efforts to help Elfsea shine!

With great admiration,
Baron Armand