[Elfsea] [Steppes] Auction to help Dutchess Willow and family

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 18 13:36:22 PDT 2006

Just a reminder we are taking bids on this. I thank you for the bids we have taken already - they have been recorded.

  Your bids are deeply appreciated, the parts for this bow have been pulled and are awaiting to be built.

  There was a question as to the ivory and parts i use: ALL ivory i use is either pre ban 1972, OR from legal source harvesting. ALL ivory is documented from the supplier to me and from me to the bow it goes to, the paperwork trail can be followed and references traced. 100% of the bow is made either here in the denton shop OR at the forge in lancaster. We feel this gives the bow character and a better look, and again, more suited to the way it was done in the time in which we play. I hope that answers some of the questions and concerns.

  Again thank you for the privilege to build this bow to aid one of our family.

  Lord Ulrich Von Carolingia
  House FalconRose Crossbowman and Bowyer

David Ruff <davidsbox01 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Greetings unto Steppes and Elfsea

In a message posted 6/14/06 - i have revised the original message and resent.

I do not hope this email is looked upon as inappropriate, but i would like to offer help.

I know we have a lot of excellent archers in these parts and i would like to offer the following to aid in the rebuilding of Dutchess' Willows kitchen and to aid one of our own.

Dutchess Willow has aided me with advice over the past years and kept me from doing some pretty stupid things, she has been an ear to let me vent when i have needed it and more importantly she has been a friend when i have needed a friend. I have little to offer in the form of money but would like to use my skills in hopes to help her and family in their time of need.

I am offering a custom made crossbow - much like this one that was custom made for another.

http://www.uccrossbows.com/sitebuilder/images/notch1-382x273.jpg

http://www.uccrossbows.com/sitebuilder/images/notch2-367x250.jpg

The pictured crossbow is an oak stock notchlock crossbow with walnut, ivory, horn inlay and copper/silver rails. It was at this past warlord and while i did not shoot it, many did see it. This bow sold for a pretty penny shortly after the event.

The bow that is being offered in this auction will be of the same quality. The prod will be a custom made aluminum OR fiberglass made in our shop. The bow itself is not built, this is due too me wanting the auction winner to have a say in the looks of the bow, the bow can be built in many different styles for combat, target use OR both. This bow can be setup with a prod that pulls from 50 to 120lbs (depending on the prod)

The bow will have hippo ivory, gemsbok horn, buffalo horn and copper/silver rails added to it in the design of the auction winner. (all horn and ivory is from legal source) The bow will be built and ready for the new owner within 20 days of the auction closing. ALL (100%) money raised will goto Dutchess Willow and family, i will keep nothing, i will be donating all wood, items and horn/bone to build this bow.

Lets start the auction at 50.00 and lets run this until 07/02/06. This will give all some time and not bump into bills and such. The bow will come ready to fire and with 6 medieval target bolts in the winners fletching color AND tipped with steel bodkins made in my shop - due to the bodkins being very real - i will include 6 target tips as well.

ALL auction bids will be silent meaning bid on this bow what you are willing to pay. Highest bidder will win at the end of the auction - any questions and bids should goto uccrossbows at yahoo.com

I will post the winner of the bow and the log of the bids to dutchess willow and to anyone that wishes the information at the close. IF the winner wishes to not be known i will respect that wish and pass on any message to Dutchess Willow.

This IS not being sponsored in anyway by anyone in the SCA and is merely being help for the benefit of a friend in need and by me and me only. IF anyone feels it should goto other lists please feel free to cross post it. If i need to get yelled at as i crossed a line in posting this to the list - feel free to yell at me at davidsbox01 at yahoo.com and i will take the auction down and list it on ebay; and do the same thing with the selling price money :)

Thanks for the list time and consideration.

David Ruff
Ulrich V. Carolingia