[Elfsea] Fighter's Collegium tonight

Craig Carter slotshot at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 1 06:54:11 PDT 2006

Practices last from 7-9 pm officially.  It is not uncommon for folks to leave about 10 however.  The first month or so of training requires no armor, but a shield would be helpful.

  Lookig forward to seeing you out,

  Drake

Genie Barrett <maggie.gene at justinanimator.com> wrote:
  At 12:10 PM 5/31/2006, you wrote:
>Hello Elfsea and Steppes!
>
>Does anyone find it odd that so many of the fighters that attend
>wednesday practice where still fighting toward the end of Steppes
>Warlord?? Even with the best fighters from the rest of the Kingdom
>represented? To be honest...I am not all surprised!
>
>Last week's practice was a great success and we actually did not
>even have a few interested folks from Moot yet attending! We split
>folks into groups and actually started training them in the basics
>of stance and movement. I even threw in a trick or secret here and there ;-)
>
>This week will be more of the same: I will personally train all of
>the interested beginning and mid-level fighters who attend. Sir
>Asoph will run all of those experienced fighters through pole and
>greatsword training!
>
>There is no time like the present...come out and learn, make new
>friends and enjoy. YOU could be kicking rear end at Steppes nest year!
>

>Drake

Duke Drake,

I would like to come out to these Collegium practices. I would like
to begin learning to fight. I am about half-way through my armor,
and would need help with that as well. However, I put my daughter to
bed at seven and was wondering how long you tend to be at the
Ranch. Are the practices long enough for me to be able to leave
Forney (intersection between 20 and 80) and still get there before
you are all headed home? I can probably make it in 40 minutes to an
hour depending on traffic.

I really want to do this.

Thanks
Maggie