[Elfsea] Heraldry and Commentaries in Elfsea

Luciana Caterina di Boniface dolce.luce at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 20:12:27 PDT 2006

After having spoken with Master Caelin and Pyro, and then with the Obelisk
Herald, I am formally announcing that Elfsea will resume the practice of
coming together once a month to go comment on the submissions in that
month's ILoI.

I have been told by more than one person that Elfsea is known for her
Heralds. I have been told by more than one person to just let them know how
they can help me as I learn to be Elfsea's Herald.

I have listened as Heralds have talked about how they 'used' to submit
commentaries, and that they needed/wanted to start doing the commentaries
again. I have been told that there was a time when Elfsea as a group
regularly submitted commentaries. I want to see that happen again. We have
some of the best heralds in the Known World here (all right, I am
prejudiced). I want to take advantage of the incredible resource that is
just sitting here.

Master Caelin has graciously offered his home for use in this endeavor. The
meetings will be on the third Wednesday of each month. The first meeting
will be on June 21. Caelin has added the date to the Baronial calendar (
http://www.elfsea.net/calendar.htm ). There will be copies of the ILoI
available for review, and the group's commentaries will be compiled and
submitted to Obelisk by the end of that month.

What else is needed? Quite simply, YOU. Everyone is welcome. If you are
experienced in heraldry, I really need your help to do this. If you have
nothing more than an interest to learn, this is the place for you! You will
be amazed at what you can contribute. A large part of the reason that I want
to do this, is because I personally learn best by actually doing. I can not
begin to describe my excitement over the opportunity that has been opened
with this.

This is going to be a lot of fun, and I think that doing a group commentary
will be a lot less effort and stress than us trying to do this on our own.

Please email me off-list, if you are interested and/or want to attend. My
email is dolce.luce at gmail.com . I am wanting to get an idea of who to expect

In service,
Luciana

~*~

I have learned today about one of the jobs of a Pelican - they take a dimly
flickering hint of an idea that a person has and tosses out a few choice
comments to turn that thought into a blazing ray of enthusiastic
inspiration. Then, they stand back and let that person run with it.

What this translates into.....blame Caelin for this, because he took the
little idea that I was half afraid of even mentioning and showed me how much
more it could become. Thank you.