[Elfsea] OT: JIm Baen's condition

Ceatta o Gulcleth ceatta at flash.net
Wed Jun 21 16:43:08 PDT 2006

For all who follow and are interested in the publishing field of Science Fiction:

  Last Monday (6/12/06) Jim Baen suffered a stroke. The doctors describe it as a massive bilateral stroke in the thalamus. Jim has not regained consciousness and his condition has become severe. He is resting comfortably now, and appears to be in no pain; however the doctors' prognosis is grave.

  Baen Books is functioning under the very detailed emergency plans that Jim has in place and their schedule is being met.

  For Jim and his family and friends, I offer my prayers.

  Ceatta