[Elfsea] Newcomers meet and greet today - modern clothes OK

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 11 04:14:45 PST 2006

Greetings !

I would like to invite you to a newcomers meet and greet and craft class today, Saturday, at my place in Plano.

  Come as you are. Modern clothes are ok.

   The time is noon until 6ish at 4108 Camino Drive in Plano, Texas 75074.  We offer an afternoon of learning and fellowship, as well as a couple of classes.

The first class beginning at noon is how to sew a basic T-Tunic class. Making a T-Tunic is the fastest way to get a costume (or garb as we call it) for blending in at group events.  And there are some great events coming up! You may choose to listen in or do hands on.  If you choose to do hands on, you will need approximately 3 yards of either a linen or cotton/linen blend plus thread to match.  Please also bring a t-shirt or a shirt that fits you for a guide. There will be plenty of room to set up your sewing machine too if you have one to bring.

There will also be two basic basket weaving classes, one beginning at noon and the other at 3pm.  You will need to bring $5.00 for materials for this one.  At the end of the class, you will have a small egg basket.

Please RSVP to this email address if you would like to attend either class.   Even if you just want to stop by, that it fine. If you have a portable camp chair, you might want to bring it just in case.

  From the South, travel up I-75, take the Bush Tollway to the east or go right.  Take the Jupiter exit.  Go north on Jupiter or take a left.  Follow until you get to Park Blvd.  Turn east or right onto Park Blvd (there is a 24-hour CVS there on the corner).  Follow Park Blvd past Bob Woodruff Park.  Turn left or north on Los Rios.  Then turn left or West onto Camino.  I will have a flag marking the house.

  From the North, travel south on I-75.  Take the Park exit.  You will have to loop around on the access road to get to Park.  Go east on Park Blvd.  Follow Park Blvd going east past Ave K, Jupiter and Shiloah. Keep going past Bob Woodruff Park.  (then see above for the remainder of the directions)

  If you have any problems, please call me at 214-284-8855

Please come, we would love to see you.

Yours in Service
Lady Katheryn Cunningghame
Steppes Hospitaler