[Elfsea] A Fantastic Guardian Event!

dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Tue May 23 19:42:30 PDT 2006

Greetings unto Dragonsfire Tor, Elfsea and friends,

This year's Guardian of Dragonsfire Tor event was one of our favorite. Thank
you to everyone who helped with this wonderful weekend. A relaxing, fun
event such as this could not have come at a better time. The competitions
were fun, the site was great and the friends were marvelous. The evening's
bardic competition and even the tales and performances outside of the
competition brought back several fond memories. This event succeeded in
capturing many of the things that endeared the SCA to us in the beginning.
And for that we give a heartfelt "VIVAT!" to Dragonsfire Tor and everyone
who helped. We also wish to congratulate the new Guardians:

Baron Manfred - Archery
Don Brenden - Rapier
Centurion Louie - Chivalric
Lady(?) Prudence - Bardic

We are confident that you each will well represent Dragonsfire Tor with your
skill and prowess. Along with your accolade as Guardian of Dragonsfire Tor,
there too comes a responsibility. One which may not have been made clear
during the day's competitions or in evening court, but one with which you
should be aware. We call upon you to return to run next year's competition
to find your successor. If you learn that you will be unable to attend, then
you are charged with securing someone to act as your proxy. Failing that,
please inform us and Dragonsfire Tor's seneschal at your earliest
opportunity.

Once again, congratulations to the new Guardians, and to the autocrats, gate
keepers, water bearers, chiurgeons, competitors, setup/teardown crews,
spectators, feast contributors and all the supporters of this superb event!
You have our sincere thanks!

In the service of kingdom, crown, barony and the canton, we remain,
Armand and Ameline
Lord and Lady Dragonsfire Tor