[Elfsea] Highland Games

Spence Mabry smabry at flash.net
Wed May 31 07:53:57 PDT 2006

The Texas Scottish Highland Games are coming up very soon (June 2-4, 2006).  Below is a tentative schedule of events (based on when we’ve done them before), and other information.  I've mailed the tickets to those who asked me to do so, and if you haven't let me know how you wanted to get the tickets, they will be available at the gate (hopefully).

  And, for any late-comers, these are the prices you’re saving:
Adults, Saturday                $15
Adults, Sunday          $10
Weekend Pass            $25
Child (6-12)             $5
  And all we ask is a couple or hours of your time for this.  Ask anyone who has been there – and see if you really want to miss it.

  Highland Games Schedule
  Friday, June 2nd
12 noon                        meet at Shed to load stuff (I won't be there, but my Lady Wife will coordinate)
12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.  Set up on site

  Saturday, June 3rd
7:30 – 9:00 a.m.     Set up the finishing touches on site (A&S, etc.)
9:00 a.m.                 Site opens
~ 10:30 a.m.            Welcoming Court
~ 11:00 a.m.            First combat demonstration
2:00 p.m.                 Maybe Court
3:00 p.m.                Second combat demonstration
5:00 p.m.                Closing Court
~ 6:00 p.m.             Pack up for the day
The reason for this – weather, mostly (it gets hot out there)

  Sunday, June 4th
7:30 – 9:00 a.m.     Set up the finishing touches on site (A&S, etc.)
9:00 a.m.               Site opens
~ 10:30 a.m.          Welcoming Court
~ 11:00 a.m.          First combat demonstration
2:00 p.m.               Maybe Court
3:00 p.m.               Second combat demonstration
5:00 p.m.               Closing Court
6:00 p.m.               Site Closes (for real!)/Load up shed stuff/Unload at shed

  Drinks (of the soft sort) will be made available for a small donation.  Water and Gatorade will also be available. If you want to consume alcohol, you will have to do it off-demo site.  No alcohol will be allowed by the members of the barony while working the demo.  There needs to be a minimum of 2 people per demo table (especially where weapons are displayed) at all times.  Generally for the A&S displays we have had the whole range: fiber arts, illumination, clothing, metalwork, woodwork, armor, glasswork, beadwork, weapons, live demos (spinning, weaving, illumination, beading, knitting, woodworking, armor-making – some even being hands-on for the passer-bys).  So, anything that anyone wants to contribute is welcome.

  We could also use at least one large tent (in addition to the Big Blue), so if you can provide one, thanks in advance.

  Lord Ceatta
Elfsea Highland Games Coordinator

  Let's make this a game worthy of the Barony!

aliquantulus ferment nunquam vulnero quisquam
(a little ferment never hurt anyone)