[Elfsea] Tor Bardic

Dana sca004 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 21 15:03:03 PDT 2006

It was indeed one of the magical moments of the event. I really enjoyed the
event. Vivat DFT!!

Dana

Darius wrote:
For those who were not there yesterday evening... You missed an enchanted
evening of bard craft.

During feast the performs came and sang songs and told tales.  Many
performed to such a standard that Several of the populace asked me "Has the
competition already began?" and then as the feast wound down the competition
began. Four Bards of great worth presented themselves before their
excellencies and the populace to audition for the honor of being the next
bard of the Tor. Maurrian, Hook, Anika, and Prudence put themselves into the
circle.

As the completion began Lord hook began to take the stage and low he was
tripped by a wind rope from a pavilion. but as a bard of Ansteorra this
would not stop him he retuned his guitar and still came through to sing us
tales of Dragons and the glories of Ansteorra's armies.

Anika came forth as well, giving vivid voice to images upon the wind as she
told her tales of the dragons, and the virtue of the fine Shire of Loch
Ruadh. For those of you who have not her this fair young bard, be on your
guard should you be pitted gainst her cross the fire, this one is a name we
shall all remember as a Bard.

Maurrian whom many of us have known for years as Simone, added her voice to
the evening air, she told of how to sing for a dragons help and sang of the
mighty sable star. As many times before Maurrian showed good mettle and a
bard of Ansteorra.

In the end it was Poetry and telling tales that won the day as Prudence the
Curious did spin in poetic verse a discourse between a Prince of the
Midrealm and a Princess of the East invoking the Heraldic  Dragon and Tyger
that these kingdoms bear, to grant us a chance to let our minds wonder down
the road to times now long gone by.

It was as our king did tell the tale of a simple black stone that it was
agreed by the judges that Prudence should represent the Tor for the coming
year.

Many times my report of the Bardic happenings at an event would end here.
the circle would disband and many would fade off to drums and other parties,
but on this night the King himself once more rose and sang unto the Queen,
and then their majesties and Lord and Lady of the Tor did sit with us all as
we told tales and sang songs of Ansteorra and our history well into the
night.

We heard of why His majesty long ago wore more than one red belt and how he
learned to wear only one!

We heard the tale of Cealin, Queen of misrule and his... er umher... heir

We heard the fond memories of all those gathered beneath the brilliant stars
of the Ansteorran spring.

Truly it was a magical night to be a bard.

Darius
Former Bard of the Tor