[Elfsea] Update, Schedule and other information on the Highland Games

Spence Mabry smabry at flash.net
Fri May 19 14:02:08 PDT 2006

The Texas Scottish Highland Games are coming up very soon (June 2-4, 2006).
Below is a tentative schedule of events (based on when we've done them
before), and other information.  Tickets and passes for all who have let me
know will be available at Moot (though I may be in a tizzy, since I start my
new job Monday)

And, for any late-comers, these are the prices you're saving:
Adults, Saturday		$15
Adults, Sunday		$10
Weekend Pass		$25
Child (6-12)		 $5

And all we ask is a couple or hours of your time for this.  Ask anyone who
has been there - and see if you really want to miss it.

Highland Games Schedule

Friday, June 2nd
12 noon			meet at Shed to load stuff
12:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.	Set up on site

Saturday, June 3rd
7:30 - 9:00 a.m.		Set up the finishing touches on site (A&S,
etc.)
9:00 a.m. 		Site opens
~ 10:30 a.m.		Welcoming Court
~ 11:00 a.m.		First combat demonstration
2:00 p.m.		Maybe Court
3:00 p.m.		Second combat demonstration
5:00 p.m.		Closing Court
~ 6:00 p.m.		Pack up for the day
		The reason for this - weather, mostly (it gets hot out
there)

Sunday, June 4th
7:30 - 9:00 a.m.		Set up the finishing touches on site (A&S,
etc.)
9:00 a.m. 		Site opens
~ 10:30 a.m.		Welcoming Court
~ 11:00 a.m.		First combat demonstration
2:00 p.m.		Maybe Court
3:00 p.m.		Second combat demonstration
5:00 p.m.		Closing Court
6:00 p.m.		Site Closes (for real!)/Load up shed stuff/Unload at
shed

Drinks (of the soft sort) will be made available for a small donation.
Water and Gatorade will also be available.

If you want to consume alcohol, you will have to do it off-demo site.  No
alcohol will be allowed by the members of the barony while working the demo.

There needs to be a minimum of 2 people per demo table (especially where
weapons are displayed) at all times.

Generally for the A&S displays we have had the whole range: fiber arts,
illumination, clothing, metalwork, woodwork, armor, glasswork, beadwork,
weapons, live demos (spinning, weaving, illumination, beading, knitting,
woodworking, armor-making - some even being hands-on for the passer-bys).
So, anything that anyone wants to contribute is welcome.

Lord Ceatta
Elfsea Highland Games Coordinator
aliquantulus ferment nunquam vulnero quisquam
(a little ferment never hurt anyone)