[Elfsea] Fw: Insignia Challenge at Steppes Twelfth Night

lizdenpeters at juno.com lizdenpeters at juno.com
Mon Nov 6 22:16:04 PST 2006

Greetings to all the Artisans of Ansteorra,

I, Vincenzo Cellini, Minister of Arts and Sciences of the Steppes issue a
challenge for you to make insignia.  I challenge you to make as many as
you can of those that are needed by our Kingdom.  The Crown has advised
that they need Rising Stars, Compass Roses, Comets, Thistles, Cranes, and
Talons, etc.  They have a good supply of the woven insignia items but
need the other types.  I challenge you to make as many of these as you
can, of the best quality you can, the most original and beautiful that
you can.  Bring these to Steppes Twelfth Night.  I will award prizes for
the most beautiful, the greatest number and the most creative.  I will
display some of the insignia I have created as well such as a 1 ounce
flask covered in leather with a thistle design, also a collapsible cup
with a thistle design and a sheath to hold stork scissors for those who
sew or embroider.  I will also have a carved bone talon.  These ideas are
to get your creative juices flowing.  Come up with insignia using your
favorite medium and remember that these should be something that you
would be proud to wear as well as reasonably durable.

If you need information regarding the proper layout and colors, etc. for
the insignia, that information is in the Official Award Texts of the
Kingdom of Ansteorra at the following URL:

http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/docs/AwardTexts2005.pdf

I look forward to seeing the results of your efforts at Steppes Twelfth
Night.

Yours in Service to Kingdom and the Dream,

HL Vincenzo Cellini
MoAS, Steppes
"Ars Gratia Artis"