[Elfsea] FIGHTERS - ARLINGTON LIBRARY DEMO

Wilkerson, Glen D glen.d.wilkerson at lmco.com
Thu Oct 19 13:49:19 PDT 2006

For those of you coming out to fight the Arlington Library demo, thank
you.  The demo runs from noon until 5:00 - please try to arrive at least
an hour early so we can get our gear in and set up, and decide where we
want to fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are three options for fighting, two inside and one outside:

First, there are three reading / study areas with tables in three
corners in the main room.  If we decide to move the tables we can have a
nice sized area in one corner and leave the other two to artisans and
displays.  The downside to this location is we will have to be VERY
careful.

Second, and my preference, there is a multi-purpose room downstairs with
access to the kitchen (for water) and the restrooms.  It is carpeted,
there is a stage on which to place gear, the doors can be closed between
demos and gear left there safely, and lastly - the room is HUGE, and
even with a large audience we will have plenty of room to fight.

There is one option to fight outside, the front lawn outside the main
entrance.  I am not in favor if this location because the ground just
doesn't look safe.  The area is a long hump of ground, almost a mound,
with trees and a water meter box and concrete blocks set in the ground
for light poles that used to be there.  There is a sidewalk and small
patio where the audience can watch.  The only advantage to this location
is it has high street visibility and might attract persons driving by
along Center Street...

But we can make the decision where to fight when we get there, I figure
if we do two or three half-hour demos we'll have plenty of time.

I am going to try to be there a little early as I will have to drop off
my gear and bug out to pick up Duchess Willow and family.

Again, thanks.

Don Alaric Greythorne