[Elfsea] The Highland Games Beckon

Ceatta o Gulcleth ceatta at flash.net
Mon Apr 23 13:32:19 PDT 2007

            Medieval
  Scotland
  Lives
  At the
  Texas Scottish Festival

  June 1 - 3, 2007

  The Texas Scottish Highland Games are coming up very soon (June 1-3, 2007, the weekend after Steppes Warlord).  Passes for all those who wish to work will be available.

  And, for those that are interested, these are the prices you’re saving:

  Saturday: Adults $15.00, Teen (13- 17) $7.00, Children (6-12) $4.00
  Sunday: Adults $10.00, Teen (13- 17) $6.00, Children (6-12) $4.00
  Weekend Pass: Adults $25.00, Teens (13-17) $15.00, Children (6-12) $9.00

  And all we ask is a couple or hours of your time for this.  Ask anyone who has been there – and see if you really want to miss it.

  I will be at Moot tonight for people to sign up for the day you wish to be there.

  Otherwise, you can send me an email at ceatta at flash.net.

  We will need help setting up on Friday, June 1, starting at 12 noon at the shed.  Please let me know if you are willing to help and to be of service to your Barony.

  We will need the following:

   Arts and Sciences static demo displays
   Arts and Sciences dynamic displays (spinning, weaving, gaming, music and bardic are excellent choices)
   Fighters (both Heavy and Light) to bring in the crowds
   Heralds to tell the mundanes what is going on
   Bards dancers, and musicans to entertain us all
   Water-bearers to get us healthy
   At least 2 (two) large pavilions to provide shade

  I may think of more, and if you can help in any way, please let me know.

  In Service to Our Great Barony, Baron and Baroness,
  Lord Ceatta
  Elfsea Demo Coordinator Emeritus
  aliquantulus ferment nunquam vulnero quisquam
  (a little ferment never hurt anyone)