[Elfsea] Upcomming Demos

Faelan Caimbeul faelancaimbeul at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 07:09:14 PDT 2007

My Lady,

We need fighters, artisans to at least donate some work to be displayed, and
preferably people that would be able to come and bring a project to work on
as well, and of course, just nice people that can talk to the crowds about
the SCA and our Baronies.

Here's the basic vision for the con.

Friday night we'll set up. We pretty much have free run of the courtyard at
the hotel. I'm planning on bringing my pavilion, and probably the Steppes
Pavilion as well so that we can provide shade for spectators and ourselves.
I haven't scoped out the yard yet, but we may be able to include Elfsea's
pavilion as well. I'm told it's a rather large courtyard.

Saturday well will have several fighting times. I'm hoping to have enough
fighters for (at least 10), both heavy and light for Blood of Heroes games
for both heavy and light fighters. We'll possibly do bridge battles and at
the fence heavy and I'm trying to think of other rapier fights. Saturday
night we will sponsor a "party room" in the courtyard with baudy bardic and
socializing. If you know of any dancers that would like to get in on it,
please contact them and see if they're interested.

Sunday will be more fights, including a tournament to compete for a sword
donated by Ben, along with more rapier and Pas Des Armes for the heavies.
The con ends in the afternoon and we'll break down and head out.

The idea is to showcase the SCA and make it entertaining, hence the more fun
fighter games, artisans working on projects and a bardic night. We want to
show that the SCA is fun, and thus get people interested.

Any additional help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

YiS,
Faelan