[Elfsea] Middle Eastern Dance Competition at Defender

Gustav Minnesinger synrik at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 8 20:20:46 PDT 2007

Being that this is proposed to be an ‘Elfsea’ Award or Competition, is there really enough interest in dance in the Barony to require a Baronial Dance award?  Does any other Barony in the Kingdom or Known World have such an award?

Also, if I remember from Moot, this competition was just an evening side-note being sponsored by the Middle Eastern Dance Guild.  If the Guild wants to give some sort of Award away, would it not be more appropriate to have the award reference the guild itself rather than the Barony?  Like the Cloak of the Kageworth Keep Bardic.  But in this case, would be something to the effect of  “Night Jewel of the Middle East”, or half a dozen other things that it could be.

Gustav

"There are people who say I have never really done anything wrong in my life; of course, they only say it behind my back." ---Oscar Wilde