[Elfsea] Halloween costumes

Darr Sarah ladyadelaide at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 21 15:41:09 PDT 2007

Milady,
   I am more than willing to help you.  My mom sat me down when I told her I was pregnant with my daughter and told me "If your going to have children you have to know how to sew; so that when your daughters are in high school you can make their prom outfits and their wedding gowns when the get married."  My daughter is a senior this year and I was able to provide her a prom dress for about $125.

   I started with simple nursery things and I have made my share of costumes, ( Pokemon, Power Puff Girls, M&Ms, to name a few).  Please give me a call, if you think I can help.
  Adelaide
  817-881-0456 Cell

Liz Wilson <ewilson618 at tx.rr.com> wrote:
          Help!  I am looking for some sewing assistance.  I have a sewing machine (my mom's) but I don't really sew.  Hope to learn so I can make some SCA garb, but probably won't have learned by Halloween.  I need to make Halloween costume bodies for my girls.  They aren't period costumes because this year they want to be Shark Boy and Lava Girl, but I do have a pattern that would work for it and I can come up with fabric and thread.  I can probably do the decoration myself if I can sew it on by hand or use a glue gun, but I need to keep them CHEAP this year.  Miranda (SCA name Anabella) wants to be Lava Girl and Amelia (SCA name Elena), who always dresses as a boy for Halloween, wants to be Shark Boy.  We've already done Lord of the Rings (twice), Narnia and Peter Pan so it's time to venture into the realm of science fiction anyway.

  I'm having some surgery next week on the 27th but by September 1st I should be ready to begin.  If there is anyone who could help me with the sewing or make the bodies for me I will do what I can to compensate you appropriately!  I do like to have their costumes made by about October 7 to 15 because we have a lot of carnivals and church Trunk or Treat here as well as the festivities on the 31st (Halloween's a big deal when you are 7).

  Cristiana (mka Liz of Flower Mound, still unpacking from Lammas Day)