[Elfsea] Dealing with the Heat at Lughnasad

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Thu Aug 9 11:39:16 PDT 2007

Lughnasad is upon us!

August 10th through 12th at Canton's First
Monday Trade Days Camp Ground, Canton Texas.

While this weekend promises to be a typical Ansteorran summer one, we have
ways of helping you keep cool!

The main field is on the shadiest part of the site.
The Misty Forest offers a cooling mist and breeze, making the temperature
seem twenty degrees cooler.
The Donnybrook, the children's waterball melee, is nearly as popular with
the adult coordinators and helpers as it is with the children.
Plenty of cold water and gatorade available throughout the day.

All this as well as plenty to do and see:

Chivalric, Rapier, and youth fighting
Archery Competitions both adult and youth
A&S Competitions, adult and youth
Knife, Axe and Spear throw competition
Bardic Competitions - one for our titled Bard and the other for youth
A complimentary hot weather sideboard served in the evening
Really cool site tokens

Enjoy the Laid Back hospitality of the Shire of Loch Ruadh

For more information and directions go to our event website at
http://www.lochruadh.org/lughnasad