[Elfsea] Fwd: A&S news

Deana Covel dmcovel79 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 8 13:05:03 PST 2007

Greetings!

 While people are in the midst of their holiday
celebrations, or preparations, I wanted to send out
some A&S news.

First some word fame for Elfsea artisans:
   	At Glaslyn Artisan, Elfsea people represented 3
of the 5 entries in the competition.
    Lawrence, one of our newest teenage members took
home the Novice competition with a very professional
looking body of work in weaving, silk painting,
sewing, and leather shoe making.
   I was awarded the title of Defender of the Flames
 for a display of illumination and blackwork.  My new
lord husband Lord Slyious the Fop was the other Elfsea
artisan. He showed off some lovely wood and metal
work.

 	At Startgate Yule, Lyonete van Leyden won the
 Baronial Championship in a tough body of work
display. Her beautiful prints and wooden boxes carried
the day.

For our winning artisans, Viviat!

Also I wanted everyone to welcome the new A&S Deputy:
Aelfwyn Webbestre!
  I know she will do a great job.  So if you have
class ideas, you can tell her or me.
 For the new Elfsea A&S Deputy, Vivat!

And please, do not forget the other A&S competitions
that are fast approaching.
 Dec. 15 - DFT's Yule and Kingdom Eisteddfod - Bards
 and Artisans wanted!

 http://dragonsfire-tor.ansteorra.org/yulerevel.html

 Dec. 5 - 12th Night @ Bonwick - they chose their
 Baronial A&S champion

 Feb. 2 - Candlemas @ Bryn Gwlad - They chose their
 Baronial A&S champion and have the most beautiful
candlelight dance.
 Great classes are hosted as well.

 And, it's never too early to start preparing:
 Feb. 8 - Kingdom A&S @ Northkeep - come and display
 or come and support friends.

In Service,
 HL Hanna von Dahl