[Elfsea] fighter practice thoughts

Sir Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 8 15:01:00 PST 2007

Essentially, 2 entities need to be at practice.

1)  An authorized marshal
2)  A warrented officer of the local group

If the Knight Marshal is an authorized marshal and in attendance, he
suffices as both.

Practices are fairly often "officially cancelled" simply because the KM
can't attend, and no other warrented officers attend, even though many other
fighters attend who also happen to be marshals.  There is selom a lack of
entity 1 above, but without the KM, there is often a lack of entity 2, and
therefore practices get cancelled.  The problem, you see, is that deputies
are NOT warrented.

That's the official mumbo jumbo of the situation.

If you don't have enough fighters who will show up anyway and UNofficially
practice, that's another problem entirely, and I belive Sior Tomas has
covered it pretty well.

If you KNOW other fighters who are marshals are going to be present, and you
KNOW that other warrented officers of the Barony will be present, and THEY
have agreed to deal with the waivers for the practice, there is no need to
cancel it.  If your practice is getting 3-4 people, the odds of making those
requirements get slim, or at least that was my experience as the Central
Regional Knight Marshal prior to handing that office over to Sior Tomas.

I hope that helps, or at least illuminates.  :)

Sir Morgan Buchanan