[Elfsea] fighter practice thoughts

Estella Flather eflather at flash.net
Tue Jan 9 15:54:32 PST 2007

Greetings from Mistress Stella-
Ummm... I was shown a paragraph in the Society Marshal's handbook the other
night that covers authorization of marshals, section IX., that has some very
specific info about how marshals must be authorized. Also, our Earl Marshal
issued an email in Sept. about what was necessary for an official fighter
practice and he says a "warranted marshal" not an authorized marshal is
required. To be warranted, you must be on the warrant roster signed by the
Crown each reign. However, this may be done for deputies, as HE Crandal has
done, by applying to the Earl Marshal and being put on the warant roster.
There is a roster of authorized fighters that is different from the "warrant
roster" that is signed each reign. I don't think that any deputy that the
Knight Marshal wants to designate is automatically covered, it seems that
they must officially fill out a request to get put onto the signed roster.
	Looks like we all need to do some more research on what the current
requirements are.
	In service, HE Stella (who now has a head ache...)