[Elfsea] SteppesArtisan XX is almost here!!

Judie Willey littledragon0861 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 05:34:42 PDT 2007

Greetings Ansteorra!!!!

   http://sca.bmhanson.net/artisan/

Steppes Artisan XX
July 28, 2007
Pay heed all artisans of Ansteorra and the Known World! Her Excellency
Katheryn Cunningghame invites you to enjoy a day of fun, learning and
outstanding displays of the arts as we hold our 20th competition to name the
next Steppes Artisan.
Steppes Artisan is a body of work competition. This means that you are not
limited in number by what you display, but we suggest that you bring
examples of your best work and display it in a pleasing manner. No research
papers, please. Alcohol judging will take place off-site due to site
restrictions.
This year we are also offering a Youth Artisan competition for all ages.
Both the Steppes Minister of Children and the Baroness will pick their
favorites.
Even if you are not displaying or viewing, we are offering classes in a
variety of subjects. For more information on teaching a class, please
contact the class coordinator Lady Elinor Salter at elinor.salter at gmail.com.
Class information will be made available on the event website.
Other offerings will include a special corner for our youth and a period
gaming area for all ages. Merchanting space is available - please contact
Rebbe Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi for more information.
A sideboard lunch will be included in your site fee. We are having a potluck
dessert table, so please bring something to share if you are able. Dinner
will be off-site at your pleasure (maps to local restaurants will be made
available at gate).
Event Steward:  Rebbe Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi (Judie Willey)
littledragon0861 at gmail.com
(972) 805-6018
Site opens at 7:30am for displaying artisans ONLY to begin setup. Gate opens
at 8:00am. Site must close promptly at 8:00pm, after court.
Site Fees:
      Adults (18+)      $12.00
      Teens (13-17)      $10.00
      Children (5-12)      $6.00      (4 and under are free)
      Family Max      $36.00      (parents & their minor children or wards)
Proof of membership must be shown to avoid a $3 adult non-member surcharge.
Make checks payable to SCA Inc - Barony of the Steppes. Acceps is available.
Site Rules:
    * No smoking within 25 feet of entrances (smoking area will be
provided).
    * No alcohol allowed on-site. (alcohol judging will take place off-site)
    * No food or drinks in the display area (except as part of an entry).
    * Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may
attend with an adult, 21 years or older, with a signed and notarized Minor
Event Waiver Form from the parents.
    * No pets on site, except for service animals with proof of current
vaccinations.

Directions:
Murphy Middle School
620 N. Murphy Rd.
Murphy, TX 75094

 Link to Map Take your best route to I-75. Take Exit 28A (Plano Pkwy) and go
east. Take a left at N. Murphy Rd. The school will be on your
right.<http://sca.bmhanson.net/artisan/images/map.jpg>

If you have not contacted me regarding whether you are competing or
displaying, please do so asap so we can get the halls mapped out!!!

--
Rebbe Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi
MoC Barony of Steppes

Dragon's Laire Ceramics