[Elfsea] brew competitions in event ads

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Sun Jul 1 15:35:08 PDT 2007

As the autocrat has stated this is a competition and not a drinking contest.
Brewing contest would not really be correct as some of the items are not
brewed. Perhaps it is unfortunate that it is easily misconstrued, but she
did state it accurately.

An event does not need to take money at the gate to be an official SCA
event. Fighter practice is an official SCA event and I've never seen money
taken at one.

Please, as a Keystone, take a bit more accommodating view of this autocrat's
first attempt at putting an event together. Encourage and counsel instead of
criticizing. And, yes, I should have said this privately to you, but your
message was public and deserves a public response.

Caelin on Andrede

  _____