[Elfsea] brew competitions in event ads

Maria Cabesa de Vaca casa_de_vaca at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 1 20:00:46 PDT 2007

Actually, Aislyn, when I read this advertisement, Phelippe and I both
thought very much the same thing.  I was going to write pretty much the
same thing, but Arabella beat me to it.

I think what Arabella is saying that the wording needs to be reworded
and that is all.  When you list a contest as a Drink Contest, it
seriously implies that it is a drinking contest as in let's see who can
drink the other under the table first contest...like playing quarters.
The advertisement should be listed as a "Brewing Competition".....not a
"Drink Contest"...see the difference? I certainly do and others will
too.  Brewing competitions in the past have always been open to all
alcoholic concoctions whether they were actually brewed, stewed, boiled
or even microwaved (ok that's going way out in a limb, but you get the
idea)....hehehe.

When wording event advertisements, we all need to remember not everyone
reads every word of an event advertisement and it needs to be worded
clearly and precisely.  The advertisement does not state that the
brewing competition has nothing to do with the party in itself and it
could very well be assumed that the "Drink Contest" does indeed go hand
in hand with the party.

Both Phelippe and myself believe that unless you reword the
advertisement there could be much eyebrow raising and even Elfsea
getting into trouble, in itself.

In Service,

Maria