[Elfsea] brew competitions in event ads

Donnel Shaw donnel_shaw at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 05:57:37 PDT 2007

I remember the year that there was a competition at Lugnasad. There were many fine brews and concoctions presented that day. But the judges had a horrible time choosing the winner. They kept tasting and tasting and re-tasting the entries trying to decide who would win. That afternoon at court ALL of the judges stood and talked about the entries that day. Then they started to talk about the winner. Their faces lit up with joy that I have rarely seen in the SCA. They claimed that this drink was the best they had tasted in years. The flavoring and fizz was perfect. They praised this drink for a good five minutes. What amazed them the most that a child had entered it into the competitions. The winning drink was homemade Root beer!

  I hope you all have as much fun with this event as they did that day. Thinking outside the box could be so much fun!!!

  Now where did I put that recipe for Startwinkle..
  Will House Mac show up with all of their traditional drinks? Loki's, ?,?
  Who can name them?
  I feel a history quest coming on here.

  Donnel