[Elfsea] Bardic night canceled

pcrandal at sbcglobal.net pcrandal at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 9 19:47:35 PDT 2007

I have not heard lutes beckon me, nor the brazen
bugles call,
But once in the din of a haunted lea I heard the
silence fall.
I have not heard the regal drum, nor seen the
flag unfurled,
But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed,
across the world....
And I have felt the sudden blow of a nameless
wind's cold breath,
And watched the grisly pilgrims go that walk the
roads of Death,
And I have seen black valleys gape, abysses in
the gloom,
And I have fought the deathless Ape that guards
the Doors of Doom.
I have not seen the face of Pan, nor mocked the
dryad's haste,
But I have trailed a dark-eyed Man across a windy
waste.
I have not died as men may die, nor sin as men
have sinned,
But I have reached a misty sky upon a granite
wind.

And we can follow that with the short tale of
Sigimund and the Dragon's Hoard, and how Gunnar
dealt life and death.