[Elfsea] Noblesse Oblige alive in Bonwicke?

Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Fri Jul 13 09:29:03 PDT 2007

Unto my right noble cousin, Baron Kainin Tepesa, Lord Bonwicke, do I, Baron
Armand Dragonetti, Lord Elfsea, by grace of Their Stellar Majesties Ulsted &
Ebergardis, send warm greetings.

Noble Cousin,

Let me be direct. I am concerned for you and your lands. I watched most
carefully as you renewed your oath of fealty to the Crown of Ansteorra,
swearing to care and protect Their Majesties lands in the west. I could not
help but wonder at the irony, but perhaps your idea of protection differs
from my own.

I love you cousin, and these words, painful as they are for me, are spoken
out of genuine concern.

I realize, as do we all, that you have a new Mistress who brings you much
joy, but, and please forgive my forwardness, may I suggest that she does
distract you a bit too much from your stewardship in the West? Tis true,
your taste is exquisite, no faulting you there, but one must remember a bit
of decorum. To cavort so publicly, is this not ill-advised?

You also now seem content to focus on gentler pursuits, traversing the
kingdom in an obvious effort to curry favor by chronicling the affairs of
state for Their Majesties. Transparent cousin, most transparent. But more
than that, do not these travels take you far from Bonwicke? It is this that
speaks more closely to my *true* concern.

In recent year's, I have observed your lands repeatedly besieged by brigands
and nefarious upstarts. My generous nature attributed these difficulties to
happen stance, but I now see that there was indeed cause. Your apparent
lapse in judgment would embolden any rogue with sinister intent. The
criminal Ruspoli was almost your undoing, and then his bereaved widow, out
for vengeance? Bonwicke, that shining star of the West, nearly sacked by a
woman!?! Heaven helps us.

Now, as I take stock of Elfsea, assessing her wealth and fortifications, I
am well pleased. My only concern: Instability in the West. Can you assure
me, cousin, that you are indeed in command and have a formidable force at
the ready?

As much as I love you, dear cousin, I love Elfsea more and am not prepared
to gamble her safety on inattentive brethren. I await your swift
reassurance.

In the service of kingdom, crown and barony, I remain,
HE Armand Dragonetti
Baron of Elfsea