[Elfsea] Ivory for carving

Elizabeth Hawkwood somerlidh at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 11:56:40 PDT 2007

I just came from my doctor's office. He is somewhat amused by the SCA and the things we do. When I mention I had purchased a horn for carving, he asked me if I'd be interested in carving IVORY.

Dr. Faigin told me that several years ago he had told a patient that he was going on vacation to Alaska and the patient had asked for him to bring back a piece of ivory for some carving. Well, what Dr. Faigin brought back is an 18" walrus tusk, in jawbone, that had a very small amount of carving on it. It was purchased from the artist who did that wee bit of carving, but there was much blank ivory left. Unfortunately, the patient decided he did not want to pay the $850 for the walrus tusk; so, said doctor is stuck with tusk and would like to get it out of his office.

So, if any of you wonderfully artistic and ambitious carvers would be interested in carving ivory, of if you just want the thing for its artistic value, email me privately and I will give you his information.

//Elizabeth Hawkwood
Shire of Loch Ruadh
somerlidh at yahoo.com

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time