[Elfsea] Business Meeting Notes

Dana sca004 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 23 17:53:40 PDT 2007

Thank you,  Hanna!!
Your service to the Barony is Outstanding.

Dana

Hanna wrote:
Greetings,

  It took notes at the Business meeting on Monday and
figured others would want to know what happened since
we will not be having our normal Moot.
  If you have questions about an item, I suggest
emailing the Seneschal or the officer directly. Their
contact information and names are posted on:
www.elfsea.net

Comments about my typing errors or misspellings can be
sent directly to me.  :-)
In Service,
 Hanna

Elfsea Business Meeting: 5/21/07

 Seneschal:
Open Offices - Rapier Marshal, Archery Marshal, &
Minister of Children
Bids for Baron & Baroness open until June 16, 2007.
The Barony has purchased a new tent, "Little Blue".
It needs small repairs and a high power wash, but
overall it is in good condition.
No problems, time to get ready for Warlord, Highland
Games, and the heat of the summer.
Still looking for alternative site suggestions for
Sunday Fighter practice.

Treasurer:
> The Barony has money - $10,000+
> The tent is paid for, and Financial Committee had
> their meeting to approve other matters.
> (If you want exact amount of balance, please contact
Caelin directly.)

Chiururgeon: (emailed to Seneschal)
> All is well. No injuries from Guardian of the Tor or
at other activities in the area.

Chronicler:
> Tidings should be out next Monday.
> Email list of the subscribers became corrupted in a
> computer crash. He is trying to rebuild it.  Virtual
scribe and Senceshal have list that will help, but
people may need to resign up for Tidings.

Demo Coordinator:
> Highland Games - June 1 -3
> Setup - Friday June 1, loading at shed about noon.
> Must be done and off the field by 5:00 pm.
> Need fighters and Warranted marshals of both types
for both days.
> Aislyn is personally providing lunch for the people
> who attend and help.
> The B&B will not be in attendance, nor will Mistress
> Stella or Master Caelin be there. So Master E. Wolf
& Baroness Ceinwen have agreed to hold a short court
in their stead.
> Please help out in person or send stuff for display.
> Pick up tickets at Warlord, at the Gate, or email
coordinator your address so they can be mailed.

Historian:
> The records are missing the Tidings from
> Valenityne's time as chronicler.  Need copies of
these.  (Aislyn may have them all.)

Kinght's Marshal:
>  Baby is letting me get more sleep slowly.
>  Summer heat - bring extra water, stay hydrated!!!
>  Sunday Practice will switch to a 5:00 pm start
> after Warlord.
>  Sunday Practice is cancled next week due to
> Warlord.
  Sunday Practice is moved to Highland Games on June
3.
> Loaner gear in good shape.
> Can Elfsae have a silent auction for extra stuff
> left in the Shed unclaimed for more than two years?
(A nice breast plate is in debate.)

Virtual Scribe:
> Not many changes yet.
> Getting more information for the database.
> Learning process going well, and will update when>
can.

Arts & Science:
> Mistress Stella offered a leather working class,
> people requesting leather class did not show up. We
had fun anyways looking at books and making a shoe
pattern.
> Mistress Rosila offering a floor loom weaving class
next month.
> Looking for teachers for July and August.
> There is a possible A&S deputy, more later.
       Plug for King's College & Fiber College

Defender:
> Sept. 21 - 23
> Budget was just approved by Financial Committee.
> Site: Camp'n'Fish - Guardian of the Tor site
Traditional Swiss 5, asking champions if they want
> to have a variation on the weapons styles for the
rounds.
> Will be asking for volunteers shortly.
> House Wolfstar is having their Anniversary party at
> the event.  Expect LOTS of drums. Should scare away
all the snakes. :-)

Plug for Kingdom Heraldic Symposium

End of offical meeting