[Elfsea] tidings reports

Threlkeld, Richard Richard.Threlkeld at xerox.com
Wed May 30 15:53:15 PDT 2007

>From the Elfsea Exchequer

We have money in the bank! Though this is always good we have used some
of it to purchase a tent for our use at various events and we still have
money.

Seriously, the money we get from running events and donations goes to
support our recreation of the middle ages. We must keep a reserve
sufficient to allow us to keep going if we have two events in a row do
very badly. For example, if one got rained out and the next one had the
site burn down. We need to be able to pay enough to finance the next
event.

However, once we have met that criteria, then we should be using our
funds to buy things that help us recreate. Like tents, regalia,
furniture, etc. We cannot buy things that would benefit only a few or
would benefit primarily those who decide how to spend the money. But if
you have an ideas on things we could do or buy that would make Elfsea a
better place, feel free to contact me or any member of the finance
committee. It helps if you put it in writing or an email. But please
don't be upset with us if your idea does not pass the guidelines that
the Kingdom and Society have published to ensure we meet the IRS
guidelines. We don't have any choice but to follow those even if they
don't appear to make a lot of sense to you or me. If that happens, we
will work with you to change the idea so it will pass their net, if you
like.

Caelin on Andrede
Elfsea Exchequer