[Elfsea] In Childern

Judie Willey littledragon0861 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 05:38:04 PDT 2007

The rules re the childre apply as a whole...for your personal camp if you
dont have 2 adults, this is your choice...but for any activities dedicated
to the children...and this includes revels, even if in your personal
camp...there must be 2 unrelated adults present at all times.  This is
strictly for the protection of the children.

The SCA is about fun , friednship and education...but unfortunatley due to
circumstances beyond our control...we have to set down guidelines for the
safety of the children.

Most parents, even those who are newcomer's or just checking us out for the
first time, it seems would be grateful , that we care enough for the
children to put these rules in place.

Personally, especially if this were MY first time at an event, and didn't
know the people I was around...I would be keeping MY children within eyeshot
anyway. ( and I raised 4 kids in the SCA)

YIS
Rebbe Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi
Minister of Children
Barony of the Steppes

On 5/22/07, Evan Ineichen <rougemed2 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> one question dose this apply to events or to the Camp as a whole dose this
> also apply to non SCA what about the people that want to join that come
> and
> to learn and see if they want to join  and I thought this was to be about
> fun freindship and education it seems that as in every thing that politics
> seems to interfear this Policy seems too open and there are no set
> gudielines as well
>
> Eain coimhthíoch ( outsider merncary for hire)

Rebbe Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi
MoC Barony of Steppes

Dragon's Laire Ceramics
www.dlceramics.com