[Elfsea] Highland Games A&S

Deana Covel dmcovel79 at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 20:01:52 PDT 2007

Greetings!

   Highland Games is only a few days away!  I'm
calling for the artisans to come out in full strength
at this demo.  The Fighters do a great job of pulling
people to the tents, but I have seen people stay for
over an hour   asking questions about the displays.
  Creating arrows, embroidery, weaving, spinning,
leather working, or creating an SCA chivalric sword,
all are great demos.
   If you cannot attend, please send items for
display. If possible, write a short note card to help
others talk about the item, and so we can return the
items to the correct people.
 Include: Item Name, Type of Work / brief description,
and your Name.
EX -
Linen Handkerchief
Embroidery - Blackwork, popular in Europe from the
1400-1600s.
Created by Lady Hanna von Dahl

   Due to mundane matters, I will only be in
attendance part of the time. Lady Aeryn will be the
deputy A&S coordinator for the event.  She will be at
the shed load-up on Friday, so she can pick up items
there, or items can be left directly with her at her
house (just down the road from Master Caelin's.)
Please call her in advance so she knows to expect you,
817-681-8315.

Aeryn's House
1806 Martinique Dr.
Arlington, TX  76012