[Elfsea] New Practice Location

Wilkerson, Glen D glen.d.wilkerson at lmco.com
Fri Nov 9 08:38:09 PST 2007

Please bring it up, I have always liked it and I think it would be a
great place for practice - especially since I have ridden through on a
couple of Sunday afternoons and there has been plenty of room.  I would
very much like to have this discussion at Moot.

The reason Lochlan and I decided to give Gateway Park a try is because I
mapped Tarrant County, which for all intents and purposes is the Barony
of Elfsea, and Gateway turned out to be closest to the geographic center
of the area.  Gateway also has lots of room and since it is the major
area rugby venue they don't complain over parking on the grass, which I
have observed on several visits.

To get to Gateway Park take Beach Street north from I-30 east of
downtown Fort Worth, the park entrace is on the right after a couple of
blocks.  For the first time this weekend, go straight all the way back
to the large parking lot by the dog park and the softball complex.
There are a couple of areas in the park that I think would work well for
us, and we can look them over and discuss where and/or if we want to try
another location.

Alaric