[Elfsea] [Steppes] Central Regional 12th Night feast

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 11 08:52:02 PDT 2007

>The menu sounds fine with me, but even though the Crown does not plan to be present, being that it is a Central Regional event, I suppose it is possible that Their Highnesses might choose to drop in. <

We are going to check with them next week to see if they are attending and if there is anything in particular they would like at feast. I would expect they will be attending since it isn't far from their home. >Actually, the whole idea of cooking in this way sounds kind of fun. I'm looking forward to helping out. I have dabbled in some medieval cookery, but have not delved too deeply as yet.<

The menu is still being developed but pretty much everything will be cooked
and frozen beforehand then reheated on site. We may have some cooking parties or I'll show people how to prepare some dishes then give them "homework" of doing a certain amount. Once the dishes are done, if you don't have a FoodSaver or similar then I'll come over and pick it up then Seal it for freezing.

We are also looking for freezer space and loans of Cajun Cookers. A lot of this will need to be cooked outside over the cookers so we'll need several.
This isn't my favorite way of cooking a feast, especially for something like 12th Night, but I think it is the best way to handle the limited facilities.

On the day of the feast we'll need helpers for platter prep, setup, reheating and serving. Lady Maggie has already volunteered to make "cheese towers" and get platters looking nice.

Another good thing about cooking this way is that we aren't going to be in the kitchen all day. Feast can begin whenever the Powers-That-Be want it. Cleanup will also be a lot easier. The bad news is that we'll be spending a lot of our free time in prep before the day.
>Lyneya<

Yers,

GuntharWell-behaved women, rarely make history.