[Elfsea] Eric and I Pledge to Serve His Grace the Duke of Normandy

Randal Mars rkmars at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 17 23:46:30 PDT 2007

Greetings to Your Excellency, Countess Regina,

My loyalty ties are strong and friendships are deep with His Grace Duke Inman and with yourself and Lord Michaud. I would be honored to recall those ties by offering whatever small services I may be able to render. I stand ready to assist by helping with cooking duties whenever needed. In addition I offer my personal larder levy to the Duke for His army's Saturday Night feast consisting of  the following items:
a hearty beef stew, assorted sweet comfit cakes, fruit and nut breads, cheese and potato en casserole,  a cloved smoked ham with mustard and raisin sauce,  and a mid-size barrel of sweetened fresh lemon-lime drink.

I offer the following additional food items for the Heralds and Marshalls : oven roasted Greek lemon& garlic chicken, noodles with mushrooms and baby peas , pita bread, shirazi,, hummus, and lemon glazed butter cake. The Largesse I offer to you for rewarding the Heralds and/or Marshalls will be a white jewelled and lined blackwork embroidered cap, a full length red taffeta Ladies underskirt/petticoat trimmed with a small band of black lace at the hem, and some assorted lengths of trim as well as several different size bundles of colored lace and assorted fabric.

My affianced Lord, Eric Sendal of York and I offer to His Grace's War Prize Chest four brand new white damask banquet size ( 17"x 17" ) dinner napkins , a pewter pendant on a leather cord, a brass incense burner, a solid copper and brass handled drinking mug, and a maker's marked silver wine goblet.

Should it please His Grace, I am also prepared to amuse His guests in whatever Bardic capacity my admittedly humble skills might serve. My Lord Eric asks that I express his deep regret at not presently being in Ansteorra. He is therefore unable to serve His Grace Duke Inman in person for Three Kings. This lamentable situation will be permanently changed within the next year when he will leave the Eastern Kingdom to make his home here in Ansteorra. He sends his sincere reguards to all and definitely expects  the Duke of Normandy and his forces to celebrate  a Great Victory in triumph.

I consider it a Great Honor to count myself as pledged to serve His Grace Duke Inman for Three Kings in Rosenfield. For the Glory of Normandy!! Huzzah!

Inspired daily by the Dream,
Rosmerryn Carew de Courcelles
Gules, a Man's heart Or, in chief three mullets Or

The only thing that makes growing older bearable for a woman is having earned the right to truthfully speak her mind... ~Cecily Neville, Duchess of York, 1483~