[Elfsea] A&S Report

Deana Covel dmcovel79 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 13:58:02 PDT 2007

Greetings,

 Alas, I see that I was too late to make the Tidings.
However the Trolls left me something to say.  My
report is below.  If the names are misspelled for
those below, I apologize.

In Service,
  (now)  HL Hanna von Dahl
  Elfsea MoAS

  (I am very honored to be the newest companion to the
Order of the Iris of Merit. Thank you to those who
supported the recommendation and those who have
congratulated me.)

Tidings Report:
Greetings!

	August was a busier month than normal for Arts &
Sciences.  First there were many A&S competitions in
the area.
At Lughnasad in Loch Rughd over 25 adults and 4
children displayed.  Lord Gerhart Wolfgang der Rote
won the Judges choice, and Lord Robartach “Sluggy”
O'Sluaghain won the OOPS competition (Out of Period
Sort-of).  The young talented Anicka won the popular
vote, and the children tied with Mathew and Wolfheart
both taking home top honors.  At the Lammas Day event
7 people entered.  Newcomers Joran and Ambros
impressed everyone with their living history displays.
For the winning Artisans, Vivat!
	For the August A&S night, HL Druinne de Salesberie
taught glass engraving to a eager group of six
students.  We had fun playing with power tools,
diamond tip bits, and note cards.  If this makes you
curious, please contact me for a copy of the hand out.
 Pictures will be posted soon to the website as well.
A&S actives will continue in high gear during
September.  First, Lord Robartach “Sluggy” O'Sluaghain
has agreed to teach woodworking on September 18 for
A&S Night.  Watch the email list for location details.
Next, Laurel’s Prize, one of the best opportunities in
the Kingdom to get commentary or see some of the
greatest A&S displays, is Sept. 8 at Emerald Keep’s
Hunters Moon.  Be an artisan, a patron, or a fighter,
the event is for everyone. Shadowlands is having a
very interactive A&S siege competition on Sept. 22 at
their event.
	As the Champion of Loch Soilleir, I am creating
original scrolls for both the Children’s and Adult
champion.  The competition will be One item with
documentation.  Children will have 3x5 note cards for
their documentation at the event.  They can bring
their own or dictate the words to an adult, depending
on their age.  So I hope to see some other Elfseaer’s
down at Tourney by the Loch on October 13th.
	As always if you have ideas for A&S classes or want
to teach, please let me know.  October A&S night will
be the last one of the year.

In Service to the Arts,
 Lady Hanna von Dahl
 MoAS