[Elfsea] Lughnasad Thanks

Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Wed Aug 13 10:15:56 PDT 2008

Greetings, one and all,

My lady and I both want to express our sincere gratitude to the beloved
Shire of Loch Ruadh for inviting us to preside and for treating us so well!
We likewise appreciate Their Majesties indulgence (perhaps HRM Ulsted IV is
a bit wiser than Ulsted III?) and we were thrilled to see the support of the
Baron and Baroness of Elfsea and the Baroness of Steppes!

The day was relaxing (at least for us) due to much effort from the autocrat
and his crew and the numerous volunteers that stepped up when a need arose.
Especial "thank yous" to HL Padraig for his service as court herald, and to
HL Alaric and Lord Dunstan for keeping us safe as well as HL Caitrin for
getting us fed during the day and to many others who assisted with the
evening's sideboard. I know that many many more contributed in ways that we
didn't or couldn't see (or that the heat has sapped from my memory) but know
that you made our day very pleasant and we sincerely thank you too. Vivat to
you all!

As Baroness Dana stated, some of the most enjoyable and memorable moments
for us occur in court where we have the privilege to recognize award
recipients on behalf of the crown. Lady Chantel's reaction was indeed worth
a thousand words. From Lord Connor's Ember, to some somewhat overdue Awards
of Arms, and then recognizing those victorious in the day's competitions;
few things match the satisfaction that these opportunities bring.

And while certainly not necessary, the gifts you presented us with were
exquisite indeed. I am hopeful of getting a photo online soon so that all
can see what fine craftsmanship was involved. (At least of HL Vincenzo's
work, an image doesn't really do HL Nuala's cordials justice, but trust us,
both gifts are VERY nice!)

We hope everyone enjoyed the event half as much as we did and that your
travels were swift and uneventful. Until we meet again, know that Loch Ruadh
has long since earned a special place in our hearts and it is in the service
of crown and kingdom that we remain,

Armand & Ameline
Baron & Baroness of the Court of Ansteorra