[Elfsea] Defender - business meeting

Dáire and Druinne -- the Hays Family daire.druinne at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 11:52:24 PDT 2008

I am speaking for Aeryn here....but since we have discussed this many
times, I don't think that I will misrepresent her on this.

The Ladies' Pavilion is not perhaps the best term to use.  Aeryn's
idea was to host a pavilion where the ladies who wanted to come to the
event alone or with other ladies might have a safe haven to sleep.  At
a recent event, Aeryn was able to arrive late Friday night without
having to put up a tent.  She had one already up and waiting for her.
She put out what she needed to sleep on and that was it.  Since she
did not have to pack a tent, she was able to share her car with
someone else and reduce her fuel costs by half.

She came up with the idea that she would see if she could borrow
someone's large period pavilion and do the same for other single
ladies who are out eventing without spouse or SO.  It made her event
much more enjoyable and she wanted to offer that out to other ladies.
With the repairs needed on big blue, it was not an option this year.

As with any "dorm" or "barracks" style accomodation, the general rules
of quiet and privacy and NO MEN will apply.

I have not heard back if this is going to happen yet, and it is
contingent upon the use of a sizable pavilion.  The pavilion will not
be on the list field.

So, if you are single for that weekend, Your Grace, and we get a
pavilion for the "dorm", you, as well as any single lady, are most
welcome.

I am sure that as time comes closer, Aeryn will post something if she
is able to accomplish this goal.

Druinne