[Elfsea] INDOOR Rapier Rapier Practice in Arlington

glen wilkerson gdwilkerson at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 13 11:13:42 PST 2008

This is your second reminder of the INDOOR rapier practice on Sunday, December 21, from 2:00 to 5:30 in the downstairs community room at the George W. Hawkes Central Library on 101 East Abrams Street in Arlington, Texas.  This is the same location where we have done demos for their Medieval Festival the last few years.

The room is large and carpeted and there are water fountains and restrooms right outside the door.  I ask that everyone attending please take a few minutes to brush the grass and leaves off your armor bags and make sure there is no mud on your shoes.  I want to leave the room as clean, or cleaner, when we leave as when we found it.

I have already had several people commit to this practice, it promises to be good one - and if it goes as well as I hope it does it may become a regular event.

TRAVEL NOTE - The Big Texas Toy Run will be leaving from Dallas, Fort Worth, and Grapevine about 1:00 and arriving at the Arlington Convention Center about 2:00.  Please adjust your routes along I-30 and SH360 to accomodate about 25,000 motorcycles...

Don Alaric Greythorne
Elfsea Rapier Marshal